Aventurine, the brightly colored quartz variety
- Authenticity guaranteed
- Shipped within 24 hours
- Free shipping in the Netherlands from €75, -
- Free shipping to Belgium from €95,-
Aventurine is a quartz variety known for its clear inclusions that give the stone a shiny appearance. This phenomenon is called 'aventurescence'. Fuchsite inclusions provide a silvery green or blue sheen and hematite or goethite inclusions create orange, brown and yellow aventurine.
Aventurine was first discovered in the 18th century. The name comes from the Italian, "a ventura" which means "by chance". One day around the year 1700, a worker accidentally dropped metal filings into a vessel of melting glass. After the glass cooled, beautiful and random iridescent sparkles appeared. The name "aventurine" was later given to the natural stone because of its resemblance to this glass.
Effect of aventurine
Aventurine is a calming stone that stimulates you to pursue your dreams. The stone helps to relax in anger and provides relief from stress-related complaints. In addition to these general properties, the different colors have the following properties:
- Green: Balances emotions and can reduce nightmares
- Yellow: Positive effect on sexuality
- Red: increases vitality and allows you to make better decisions
- Blue: Clarifies the mind and blocks negative thoughts