Aventurine, the cheerfully coloured quartz variety.
- Authenticity guaranteed
- Shipped within 24 hours
- Free shipping in the Netherlands from €75, -
- Free shipping to Belgium from €95,-
Aventurine is a quartz variety that is known for its clear inclusions that give the stone a shiny appearance. This phenomenon is called 'aventurescence'. Fuchsite inclusions provide a silver-green or blue shine and hematite or goethite inclusions create orange, brown and yellow aventurine.
Aventurine was first discovered in the 18th century. The name comes from the italian language "a ventura" which means "by chance". One day around 1700, a worker accidentally dropped metal filings into a vessel with melting glass. When the glass cooled down it had beautiful and random iridescent sparkles. The name "aventurine" was later given to the natural stone because of its resemblance to this glass.
Working of aventurine
Aventurine is a soothing stone and stimulates to chase your dreams. In case of anger, the stone helps to relax and offers relief from stress related symptoms. Besides these general properties, the different colours have the following characteristics:
- Green: Brings balance to emotions and can reduce nightmares
- Yellow: Positive effect on sexuality
- Red: increases vitality and enables you to make better decisions
- Blue: Clarifies the ability to think and blocks negative thoughts